Magical Modulated Tremolo
Undulator is Eventide’s classic modulated tremolo effect from the iconic H3000 effects processor. This unique, rhythmic effect combines ethereal feedback and detuned echos, running through an AM / FM modulated tremolo. Whether used for manipulating samples or adding movement to strings, pads, guitars, and keys, Undulator is a muse for creative musicians. Add Undulator into your plug-ins collection for the most playable tremolo-style effect on your DAW or iOS device.
Eventide will be donating 100% of the proceeds of the Undulator desktop plug-in to the Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Energize Your Samples
Undulator excels at evolving pads, sync’d chops, and time-lapsing dreamy soundscapes. Combined with a multi-tap delay and powerful tremolo, Undulator’s controls give any sound sustain and shape. This is perfect for transforming ordinary synths, keys, guitars, and even vocals into evolving pads, tempo synced production elements, or ethereal and fluctuant delays. Simply put, Undulator can make shorter sounds into longer layered effects, and give sustaining sounds shape and rhythmic character.
The Ribbon allows desktop users to plug in a MIDI keyboard and gain tactile control of Undulator via the mod wheel. Changing the rate and depth of your tremolo for a “ramping up” sweep or sequence becomes very simple with this intuitive performance macro. Use the Ribbon to morph tremolo patterns into vacillating and varying rhythmic territories. This can be effective for calling attention to synth pads and creating a state of flux or rarity which is otherwise arduous to achieve.
- Turn up the MIX to increase the dry/effect ratio
- Utilize multiple modulation waveform shapes and sources to alter the rhythmic feel
- Subtly finesse detuning of delays by using SPREAD
- Add FEEDBACK to accentuate delays or create infinite loops
- The Secondary LFO determines how fast the depth and speed modulation “wiggle” their targets
- Lock the tremolo to tempo using SYNC
- RETRIG at the top of the wavform for a more predictable effect
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice
- SLOW/FAST button toggles on a “Slow LFO” mode. Holding it down to “BRAKE” temporarily slows down the LFOs at a constant rate until released
- Update the tremolo speed in real time using the TAP button
- Use MIDI to control the Ribbon (CC#1), Active/Bypass (CC#2), Slow/Fast (CC#3), or Tap (CC#4)
- Available for Mac and Windows as a VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version available on App Store works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect
Microsoft Windows 7+ and Apple OS X 10.7+. Supported formats: VST, Pro Tools AAX, Audio Units. iLok.com account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. All plug-ins come with two activations.