I love plugin. It’s like a cast iron pan. Yeah aluminum cookware will get things hotter much faster, then you burn it and it’s unusable. And even, predictable cooking? Forget about it. Stainless will cook even but you get all sorts of stuff stuck to it and you gotta put some muscle into cleaning it. You can’t warm either of them up in the oven without risk of destroying them. They’re easy to fake and often expensive. But a nice cast iron pan? Oh man, you get that sizzle without the burn, you have a nice clean surface afterwards with no heavy scrubbing after the fact. Even and predictable cooking. You know the surface will be hot everywhere. Things are just better with cast iron. Same with this plugin. Try it. You’ll see what I mean.
Spectral Clipper with Overdrive
Saturate is the Spectral Clipper algorithm made popular in the Elevate Mastering Limiter. Saturate's two controls belie a sophisticated signal processing engine which allows it to overdrive a signal without effecting the tonal balance no matter how hard you push it. Add up to 24 dB of overdrive without creating a “tubby” or muffled sound. Additionally, the SHAPE control allows you to smoothly morph between hard clipping and the mathematically smoothest curve possible. Use Saturate to overdrive individual tracks or your entire mix.
- Smoothly adjust from the softest to the hardest possible clipping shape
- Spectral Clipper maintains tonal balance for an always pleasant saturation sound
- Independent INPUT and OUTPUT levels, with AUTO output level scaling for easy and precise gain scaling
- Saturation Curve Display and Meter shows you how your signal is hitting the selected clipping shape
- Mastering Quality Input and Output metering show you both peak and rms levels
AAX 32/64-bit, VST2 32/64-bit, VST3 32/64-bit