Spectral Clipper with Overdrive
Saturate is the Spectral Clipper algorithm made popular in the Elevate Mastering Limiter. Saturate's two controls belie a sophisticated signal processing engine which allows it to overdrive a signal without effecting the tonal balance no matter how hard you push it. Add up to 24 dB of overdrive without creating a “tubby” or muffled sound. Additionally, the SHAPE control allows you to smoothly morph between hard clipping and the mathematically smoothest curve possible. Use Saturate to overdrive individual tracks or your entire mix.
- Smoothly adjust from the softest to the hardest possible clipping shape
- Spectral Clipper maintains tonal balance for an always pleasant saturation sound
- Independent INPUT and OUTPUT levels, with AUTO output level scaling for easy and precise gain scaling
- Saturation Curve Display and Meter shows you how your signal is hitting the selected clipping shape
- Mastering Quality Input and Output metering show you both peak and rms levels
Microsoft Windows 7+ and Apple OS X 10.7+. Supported formats: VST2/VST3, Pro Tools AAX, and Audio Units. iLok.com account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. All plug-ins come with two activations.