UI needs plenty of work especially for the RRP, looks broken when all parameters automation enabled in PT. A simpler EQ is sufficient for most tasks and could be a toggle (highs/lows). Filters than can affect the entire frequency range as currently the filters are limited to the next filter breakpoint.. a bit frustrating. The sound is lovely as expected and I like the new delay, It adds heaps of character. It needs 7.1.4, for the price it feels a little unfinished.
I have always dreamt of blackhole in immersive format. When I was purchasing the stereo version of blackhole, I was wishing there was an Atmos format and now, there actually is. However, I gave it a four star for now because even in my 16 core 32 treads Ryzen 7950x setup, this immersive plug-in causes serious dropout in the audio of Nuendo 13. Also, I wish it was capable of at least 7.1.4 natively.
At first I was unsure whether it would be interesting to invest in this plugin, among so many others that I already have. But, I am impressed with the sharpness and especially with the number of parameters that expand the use in an immersive scenario. It was really worth it!
Now we just have to wait for Eventide to develop compressors and equalizers for the immersive scenario.
Like in title, it does sound great and the controls work well, but it definitely needs a 7.1.4 version, preferably 9.1.6 as well.
Sounds even better than the original stereo version!
Reverb for an Expanding Universe
Designed from the ground up for immersive, Dolby Atmos, and surround workflows, Blackhole® Immersive expands the signature sound of Eventide’s stereo version across your entire immersive mix. Used as a send or insert, Blackhole Immersive remains respectful yet reactive to your carefully chosen track positioning.
From delicate ambience to massive decays, you create and shape the listener's immersed experience – what, when, and where they feel it. Warning: taking the controls of this cosmic beast of a reverb is just plain fun. The vast range of the original fit perfectly in your mix, but now it's everywhere!
The clean and intuitive interface seamlessly fits into your projects - whether it be mixing music, post-production for film, or sound design for games. This enhanced workflow gives you full control over the reverb across channels, for an evolving immersive experience - from subtle to radical.
- Tilt the Gravity, Size, and Feedback parameters to quickly and easily tailor the immersive experience
- EQ the Front, Top, and Rear speakers separately to sculpt the reverb around the listener
- Use Crossfeed to blend the reverb between speakers - make a mono source truly immersive in one simple gesture
- Morph between two distinct settings smoothly and seamlessly - great for sound design
The Universe is Expanding
An immersive ecosystem awaits you, your creations, and your clients, and Blackhole Immersive gets you in. The list of platforms supporting immersive is substantial, and growing:
- Music: Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, and Tidal.
- Film and Television: Amazon Prime, AppleTV+, Disney+, Kaleidescape, Max, Netflix, and Vudu.
- Games: Xbox X|S. PS5
- Powerful and flexible reverberation algorithm - create spaces from subtle ambience all the way up to supernatural decays and drones
- Supports LCR, Quadraphonic, 5.0 - 5.1.4, and 7.0 - 7.1.4 channel layouts
- Easy-to-use UI optimized for immersive workflows - same core controls for all channel layouts, with no menu diving required
- Transparent signal processing - effect always sounds the same across all immersive formats, and always maintains incoming spatial image integrity
- Quickly set individual speaker levels using the integrated Levels section
- Kill Dry, Kill Wet, and Freeze controls are great for creating drastic effects
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Resizable GUI with Undo/Redo and A/B comparison
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes over 150 presets